Sunday, November 23, 2014

The Splash Bash Project

Oh what a weekend it has been! 

I spent last Saturday with my family to celebrate my nephew and niece's joint birthday celebration at Hillsborough Aquapark in Alabang. A month before the event, my panic-stricken sister and the celebrants' mom asked me to create the invite, cupcake toppers and menu cards  for the party.

Cupcake toppers

She sent me her pegs via Pinterest and I came up with drafts. Because it's a joint celebration of a sporty football-loving 11-year old boy and an artistic and fashion forward 9 year-old girl, I didn't make the colors gender specific. I was guided by the colors of the beach ball and kept only the basic hues to provide some coherence and fun to the theme. 

To make sure that guests knew right away that Splash Bash was a swimming party, I added a beach ball, a pair of flip flops and a buoy at the bottom of the invite which served as its border. Thank God for the ever reliable KG Frame font suite by Kimberly Geswein! I swear this font suite has everything you need to make interesting borders! A slab serif and a marker inspired font was also used to make the invite more fun but not too busy.


Menu cards of the event

My sister is my best patron but I'm very happy that the two celebrants also liked the invite that I made for them! :) 

Here are some photos lat the party!








0 comments:

Post a Comment