Thursday, November 06, 2014

Tropical Watercolor


As usual, my drawings are inspired by flora and fauna. The sketch was made a month ago while I was watching Jim practice with his band. I had a sketchbook with me so I passed the time with a few studies. Eventually, I decided to add a few details with some hibiscus and haleconia flowers and colored the line art using my Prang watercolor set. 



My pain point is always coloring the girl's skin, but the macaw's feathers was super fun to paint. The yellows and the blues mixing together to create another hue is a joy to watch. I get so restless when doing my under painting because I want to add details and shading right away, but alas, patience must be practiced.


After coloring, I finally inked some edges using waterproof markers. I use artline pt 0.3 for some of the details. It makes the colors pop and it adds more dimension to the image, don't you think?



0 comments:

Post a Comment