Thursday, April 30, 2009

Weekly Inks!

New drawings today!



A typical Sunday includes brunch with my family and checking out books at the bookstore. Browsing through the Art and Lifestyle section, I came across this book called "New Yorker Lookbook: A Gallery of Street Fashion" whose photos were shot by Jake Chessum. I loved the images contained in this book, specially the expression of the girl in the green coat. I decided to make a quick sketch of her and did the same with the two other girls. When I got home later that day, i proceeded with inking them then added color with felt tip pens.


Check out the book here

*****



Since most of my drawings are colorful, I decided to experiment with just a small bunch of hues for this drawing. Inspired by The Sartorialist's photo of this lady. Although I made a change with the shirt design, I just had to include the contrast of the red clutch against her entire outfit.


2 comments:

  1. I just checked out your illustrations (found your link from my sister's site, Reluctant Stylista). These are great! Have you thought about publishing them?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, i've only seen your post today. I did a couple of illustrations for a magazine before, but I never got the change to do it again. I would do it again for sure!

    ReplyDelete