Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Inspiration Strikes Again!

I found myself with a bit of time to blog and draw and do calligraphy these days because I am on a holiday break. I got myself inspired from different art and design blogs, but the most recent addition to my bookmark is Alessa Lanot's Life After Breakfast. She's amazing! I learned about her because I have been reading Fozzy's posts for quite some time now, and one afternoon, I was lost in her world of water colour, rubber stamps, typography, vegan food and all sorts of wonderful things that I wish I could do more of. She's only 2 years older than me and she already has her own restaurant and art workshops left and right!

She has so many awesome ideas that I got myself inspired and did some calligraphy and doodling as well. This coming year, I will live more creatively. I will find more time for my band, for the cupcake business, for running and frisbee, for travel and for art. The year ahead is brimming with so much hope and potential, the multitasking year is here, but at the same time, I will still aim for balance. Oh, and the apartment turnover will be in 2013 as well, so I am sooooo excited to get involved with interior design too! Ideas, ideas, ideas! 

Anyway, here's what I came up with last night while I was still high on dark chocolates and inspiration. I used poster paints, sakura 0 paintbrush and J Herbin nibs. :)


A mistake is a product of risk. Taking risks is sometimes alright, so long as we are willing to live with the consequences. With making mistakes, we realize our faults and we discover our strength to carry on and continue with our task. Don't be afraid to make mistakes; instead learn from them.


Ah, positivity is difficult specially when you've had your fair share of trials. But as they all say, happiness is still a choice. Let's focus on the good things in life! There is so much to be thankful for :)

Here's to more creativity, positivity and endless energy for 2013! 



2 comments:

  1. Hello!
    I just want to tell you that I'm envious of your calligraphy skills! So lovely! Make more! :)

    <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!! :) I'm really enjoying the process! I'm a huge fan of Fozzy Castro-Dayrit and Alessa Lanot. They inspired me to get into the craft. :)

      Delete