Sunday, February 24, 2013

Doodling Is A Way Of Life

Whenever I travel, it's imperative for me to bring at least one notebook in case I have the sudden urge to draw or write. I've said this before, and it still holds true until now--doodling is really therapeutic for me. Faced with a blank page poses some kind of pressure to an aspiring artist, kind of like how a writer would feel when experiencing writer's block. Doodling is a free form way of creating, which allows me to just go with the flow and not be pressured about what will be the end result of what I'm doing. In the end, I am surprised with myself and how I managed to pass the time and be able to create something interesting and intricate.

An entry on my Moleskine. Musing about how much I enjoy doodling. 

Doodling about my love for Baguio City. I go there every year because of the weather, the food, the culture and the art surrounding the northern cordillera.

Inspiring myself to work hard despite the challenges. This was taken from a manifesto by John Cage and Sister Korita Kent

"Rule Number 7: The only rule is work. If you work, it will lead to something. It's the people who do all of the work all time who eventually catch on to things."

This doodle was inspired by this article from thecoolhunter "Do Your Own Thing". It made me accept my path as an I.T. Professional and my calling as an artist. What's my thing? BOTH!

Another inspiring quote from thecoolhunter.com

A colored doodle inspired by a Veruca Salt song. I played with colored markers with this one.

I doodle when I want to pass the time or when I feel like zoning out. I put on some music, take a notebook and a pen with me and let the lines command me like they know exactly where they are going on that sheet of paper. It's therapy for the soul, and I think everyone (artists and non artists alike) should try doodling!

0 comments:

Post a Comment