Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Artist Spotlight from The Home Girl Blog

Hello Wednesday! So thrilled to be given an Arist Spotlight from The Home Girl Blog!

Felice sent me a message on Facebook asking if she can give me questions about my art and my blog and of course I immediately said yes. The questions were challenging, given that I'm not doing this full time (yet), but it also gave me a chance for self awareness and see where I really am in terms of my artistic pursuits and what I want to focus on. There is still so much to learn and I still have A LOT of work to do to make a mark in the world of art, but the fact that someone has taken interest in what I do has been really motivating and encouraging.

Thank you Fifi for sharing my artistic journey!

Do check out their site for design trends and other artist features at http://thehomegirlblog.blogspot.com


Excerpts from the article:

What do you wish to communicate with your work?With my paintings, I don't think I have a single message to communicate. I just like drawing pretty patterns and I enjoy capturing expressions and movements of people. The message that gets sent to the audience depends on them. 
With my blog, however, I would like to think that I am promoting pursuit of one's passion and a ton of positivity and motivation to just do what you love and love what you do. I would love to be able to write and draw more about environmental issues, conscious living, and our indigenous people.

You can read the complete blog post here: Homegirl: Spotlight: Faye Marcos, Creative Cube Dweller

0 comments:

Post a Comment