Friday, June 21, 2013

June In A Gist

Because I haven't had any updates for the month of June (eeep!), I will be posting a few creative sparks here via Instagram. Blame it on my laptop going berserk, and the fact that I've been working on the cupcake biz with my sisters, been rolled into a new Project at work and also arranging some paper work for my upcoming business trip to Belgium! Visa application has been a pain because of so many requirements, but I'm really looking forward to the opportunity to learn something new (I won't be working on an Oracle Siebel Project this time!) and of course, see new places!

Anyhoots, here's a few of this month's artsy farts.


Worked on new rubber stamps! I've been super enjoying murdering erasers to make these foliage inspired (as usual) stamps. I can't wait to make pretty stationery out of them!

Remembering the little furballs in Bohol! I made this small drawing at a cafe while I was waiting for the rain to stop. 

Reuniting with my calligraphy tools! Oh how I missed them! This one is of course lyrics from Joni Mitchell's song Case of You

Remembering Gat Jose Rizal on his birthday! June 19, 1861, the coolest most amazing Filipino over achiever slash hero was born. I did this while having lunch. I didn't have a pencil so I went ahead with drawing using my gel pen. Sorry Pepe, if your eyes are not aligned!

This is an accidental artwork a.k.a. mindless doodle on a piece of craft paper! I ended up adding so much details on this diwata that I actually liked the result. Ah, art. It's indeed unexpected sometimes. 


The latest work that I've done for the month of June--this Audrey Kawasaki inspired drawing that was a result of my diwata doodle earlier! I rediscovered the joys of using ink in my drawings, so I made one that required a lot of lines and details. Channeling a bit of art nouveau on this one. Do you like it? :)


There you go! Next post, I will be telling you about my experience at the Fete De La Musique last June 15! Happy Friday all!

0 comments:

Post a Comment