Thursday, November 21, 2013

Designer Feature: Oh Hello Dy!

It's funny how I chance upon so many awesome stuff on the blogosphere and end up connecting and reconnecting with people. I was ogling all the pretty and neat stuff from Katha Magazine's first issue when my interest was piqued by this article about a designer who spread good vibes through her work. Her name is Diana Jacinto, a designer from Manila working in Singapore. At first glance, readers will be immediately uplifted by her use of typography and colors, and her way of putting design elements together are absolutely something I'm jealous of. So I checked out her blog and loooooved her typographic pep talks and friendly reminders. The messages are really simple. While some these messages are nothing new, it's nice to be reminded--with nice fonts to boot. 

I am usually a quiet blog reader. I hardly leave comments on the blogs that I visit, but I that day I was feeling so positive so I wanted to give a shout out to the designer on this particular blog entry



All photos from ohhellody

And what do you know! She replied to my comment via email in which she reminded me that we actually met in person before! And what blew me away is the fact that SHE KNOWS MY BAND! She was really such a darling, telling me that she loved my band's music. Here I was, gushing at her work, only to be told that she loves mine as well. Mutual fan girling, anyone?

Anyway, aside from showcasing her design chops, her blog has tons of great content to keep anybody inspired. From curating things that she likes from all over the cloud to providing color inspirations or even just sharing photographs from her lomography collection, Oh Hello Dy blog is filled with amazing designs, inspiration and overall awesomeness. 

Check out her blog here (as if I haven't linked her enough no?)

0 comments:

Post a Comment