Tuesday, December 03, 2013

Watercolor Weekend: Pinatubo Good Vibes

I went to Mt. Pinatubo early this year and chanced upon two lovely Aeta kids hanging out under a small bush. It was a brief encounter as I was about to leave with my group for our descent from the peak to the drop off point. The dark clouds were looming above the Pinatubo crater and we risked not being able to get back safely. Before finally leaving, I managed to take out my camera and grab a photo of the two pals. They had a curious exuberance about them when they realized that I was taking their picture. They smiled and posed, and seeing the innocence and good vibes in their eyes was so heartwarming. 

I used my Prang watercolor set on Canson Paper for this drawing. I still need to practice painting skin! Funny how I love painting portraits and people but my biggest weakness is actually figure drawing and painting my subjects' skin! Oh but it's always wonderful to capture brief encounters and fleeting moments with these nameless people. Even if we hadn't exchanged words, painting them makes me feel like we're friends. :)



Hope you had a lovely Monday!

0 comments:

Post a Comment