Sunday, January 20, 2013

New Layout and A Tiring Game of Tennis

Hurrah, I have a new header and a new layout! I must admit, despite being a Computer Science graduate, I'm not quite adept with CSS, so it took me a while to figure out to change the template. I added a couple of pages for my old illustrations and sketchbooks and hopefully I can add more drawings as I go along.

Today, I pretty much did nothing but sleep which I believe is how Sundays are supposed to be spent anyways. I  attended Sunday Mass before having dinner with a wonderful homecooked meal by my sister. Beef stew, chicken wings and garden salad with butterscotch brownies! Super yummy!

So I'm writing now just after Novak Djokovic won a suspenseful game of tennis with Stanislas Wawrinka of Switzerland. Omg, what an insane match! The game lasted for 5 hours and the last set was so intense, it reminded me of last year's Australian Open finals with Novak vs Rafa playing on the court. LASPAG KUNG LASPAG!! I'm actually a Federer fan all the way, but I've gotten to love Rafael Nadal and Novak Djokovic too. Nadal won't be joining the festivities this year at the Rod Laver Arena coz of his injury, but he grew on me as I followed his matches against Federer. He plays with so much heart and fights like every shot is his last. Djokovic's personality is so endearing, he's hilarious and he's also got the will of a true champion. Even during this recent game, he lost to Wawrinka 6-1 during the first set but emerged and took the 2nd and 3rd sets. Kudos to Wawrinka, seeded at number 15, who fought all the way and tied the match on the 4th set. The 5th set lasted until 11 games which was claimed by Nole. Ako yung napagod sa kakanood! It's a game of speed, endurance, strategy and I look forward to watching all the Grand Slams this year!  Oh my goodness, I love tennis even if I can't play for crap. And can I just say, ANG GWAPO NI DJOKOVIC PAG WALANG TSHIRT!

Wawawiwa! Take note: Pag wala lang tshirt. 
Photo from papermag.com

Anyway, onto the requisite illustration show and tell. I whipped out my watercolor set again to play around and practice drawing faces. If there is anything that I can draw out of thin air, it's women's faces, and trees and a bunch of flowers. I'm not that good with drawing animals so I always find a picture for reference. My style isn't normally girly, but I love playing with color.

For yesteday's drawing though, I used a lot of pinks and yellows. It reminds me of Barbie slash Tangled.



And that concludes my weekend. Tomorrow, it's back to the office and the world of Siebel Upgrade. I need to catch up on a lot of things because I've been working from home since Tuesday. Metrics reporting is done every Monday, so it's gonna be a busy start of week for me! 



0 comments:

Post a Comment