Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Moonrise Monday


Ah, Monday. It's the dreaded beginning of week madness. Things are starting quite slow because it takes time for me to get back into I.T. mode. So. What do I need to do today? Ah, metrics reporting for the past week. I shall create my report to see if we are on schedule and on budget. First, I enter all my resources' actual hours in the Project Plan. Next, compute for the Cost Performance Index and Schedule performance Index based on the Earned Value, Planned Value and Actual Costs. George Harrison's Let it Down plays in the background then transitions to E-Pro by Beck. I sent this to the Senior Manager for review coz this will be seen by the client from our Management System.

Then I meet up with the Senior Manager for resourcing discussions. She asks for my recommendation for certain roles for the next release and asks for help for some management documentation to be reviewed by the client. The Foo Fighters play in the background, Summer's End.

I go out for lunch at about 2:00 PM. One of my resolutions this year is to actually leave my desk during lunchtime instead of eating while I do my work. This way, I get to appreciate my time--that sacred one hour supposed to be spent offline and away from work without any guilt. I take the stairs and decide on where to eat. Today, I go to Coffee Bean and get myself a Chinese Chicken Salad. It has romaine lettuce (obviously), almonds, fried noodles, fried wanton wrappersand asian dressing. I dunno if I like it. It has too much wanton wrappers to make it look like the bowl  is full. I brought my notebook, a pencil and my ice cream eraser with me and start doing a sketch of Suzy and Sam from Moonrise Kingdom on my red Scribe notebook. This is where I keep most of my drawings these days, kind of like a diary. I recall Sam's fur hat and boy scout uniform and Suzy's heavy eye shadow, pink sunday school dress and her binoculars. Jim and I watched this movie last Saturday and I told him I wanted to draw the characters. This movie is so peculiar, we both think, but we enjoyed it very much because of the overly stylized setting and visuals. The story wasn't extraordinary, but the way it was told was so strange. Wes Anderson has a weird yet beautiful way of telling stories.



I go back to the office and take the stairs again. I finish the draft of the work package. Later on I find out I *might* go to the US for 6 weeks this February. I pray that it pushes through on March instead because my family has planned a trip to Sagada on Feb 21-23 and my relatives will be going for a visit in Manila on Feb 10. I print my Passport Renewal Application Form that says my renewal schedule is on Wednesday. The final decision about my business trip will come in later this week.

After all my tasks are done, I meet up with Jim and we talk about the day's events and the recent news of my impending trip. Oh dear, magiging uso nanaman ang Skype! The day ends with Jim bringing me home and giving me a hug before leaving our front porch.

Long day, but it's still a good Monday. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment