Thursday, January 10, 2013

Stamping Crafternoon and Ten Paces

I'm so excited! I got a slot at Alessa Lanot's Crafternoon Sessions at Fully Booked! I've been wanting to get into rubber stamping ever since I stumbled upon a bunch of crafting blogs that made their customized stationery, I wanted to make some of my own for my handmade card projects.

I received an email confirmation today about my reservation! Hurrah!

image from LifeAfterBreakfast

This is one of the things that I resolve to do this year--immerse myself in crafting workshops and study digital illustration. I'm a bit socially inept so I'm not always comfortable hanging out with a bunch of people that I don't know, but I figured, I'd probably be too busy working on my stamps anyway so I suppose I don't really have to talk to them strangers. (Ayos sa attitude, diba?) But then again, I reminded myself that I have to be (and I want to be) open to my surroundings as much as possible this year and not shut people out so I'm going to make this a deliberate change in myself as well. It's pretty much just like going back to school, I guess.

And just like an eager beaver student, I'm already thinking of a pattern for my stamp already! I was looking for inspirations in this blogosphere and chanced upon this site called Ten Paces and Draw. Basically it's a collaboration site that allows a community of illustrators and designers to swap ideas/sketches then come up with a final illustration/design using their own medium and their own style. I've been looking at the before and after photos all morning and these are my favorites.

Pattern Swap
Final – Meera Lee, Sketch – Mika Nakano

Fashion Swap

Lettering Swap
Final by Kyle Letendre, Sketch by Ann Shen

Atrology Swap
Final by Roxanne Daner, Sketch by Angela Rizza

Cocktail Swap
Final by Julia Bereciartu, Sketch by Tyler Parker

Amazing transformations, don't you think? What has really struck me in these before and after drawings is how the Final Artists have mixed their own illustration and design style with the original idea. They didn't copy each pose for the characters, nor did they replicate each font from the original sketch. It was so refreshing to look at! It's so inspiring how the sketch artists come up with the original concept/idea for the illustration and how the final artists made it their own. 

You can check more Swaps from Ten Paces and Draw here

0 comments:

Post a Comment