Saturday, February 02, 2013

January, Why Do You Hurry?

Just a doodle that I did this past week using the Sky Glory Free Ink Roller that I got from Little Town Store sometime in January. I initially thought they were gel pens but they are actually Ink roller pens which I love coz they have a more "watercolor" effect.

The week has been a blur with work sometimes getting in the way and decisions about my business trip (which is still not very clear at this point) still being discussed, but I think I had a great month last month and it was an awesome way to kickstart 2013. My creative momentum is absolutely spectacular and the more I draw, doodle, paint and make things, the more inspired I get every day. Thank you January for the inspiration!


Here are a few notable drawings for this month:


And since this is a good time to do some shameless plugging, this blog entry's title was taken from a song I wrote way back in 2011 to be included in my band KAZE's  album hopefully this year!!

John You Worry - KAZE
Blackbird Bar, Makati


John you worry, why do you hurry?
John you worry, it's the start of the year
You make me lonely in January
Til you come back, December will hold me near

Fireworks in the sky, you made it all worthwhile
Started singing the blues, said you'll be back in July
Captured by your charms, you held me in your arms
Goodbye is so overused, so I tried so hard not to cry
Oh dear, you worry me, the year ahead is long you see

Our hearts were ablaze, hormones were in a rage
Left me breathless for you, you had me trapped in a maze
The days had passed us by, we had to say goodbye
In winter you kept me warm, but summer came in way too late
The clouds have turned to gray, I would be yours if you could stay

Oh you promised me that you will be back soon
But the memories have faded 'til the month of June
Your guitar is playing softly in my ear
I wish that you had made it so perfectly clear...


0 comments:

Post a Comment