Thursday, October 03, 2013

Neon Love

Hello October!

Notice anything? I got bored with my layout all of a sudden, so I decided to change it into something more cheerful. I wanted something bright and happy, but still leaned towards the minimalist side. Because of the splash of neons, I switched to a sans serif font so as not to make things too overwhelming.

I think the layout overhaul was inspired by a recent project with my sister. My niece Sofia is turning 8 this month and I was asked to make an invite for a Spa Party. Imagine a bunch of 8-year-old girls in a salon having their nails done! Sounds like a lot of fun (and kind of a big deal) for a kid, right?

For the invites, I came up with 4 draft versions for her but revised eventually based on her specifications. I'm absolutely loving this border font set by Kimberly Geswein! Here are the ones that didn't make the cut.





My sister wanted a daintier feel to the invite and asked for more pinks than fuchsias. She also requested if I can do a chevron background. Hence the final design:


It's been a while since I last played with Photoshop, but everytime I make these personal projects with my sister, I really have tons of fun!

Also I'm on Bloglovin!

0 comments:

Post a Comment