Wednesday, March 05, 2014

Project Condo 2014

The previous post about our beloved Whitney's passing away was kinda heavy, I feel like I needed to look at the brighter side of life and celebrate the better things that are happening or will happen this year. I will be going through a big leap these next couple of months, because I am set to move into my new apartment by mid May!


Three years ago, I invested on a condo unit for my 25th birthday. It's not really big--just a one bedroom apartment in the city so that I can save commute time by not having to pass along the South Super Highway everytime I go to work. My place is a few minutes away from Ortigas, Makati and Taguig, which is perfect for me since my office is located at McKinley Hill. I have already submitted all the necessary paper work, my bank loan has been approved, and I'm just waiting for the keys to be handed over by end of March. Ahhhh, my own space and my own real estate! While I have experienced living alone when I travel, I still think this is quite a milestone, because aside from moving out of our home in B.F., it's I am perfectly aware that my lifestyle is going to change. I'm going to cook for myself, buy groceries for myself, clean the condo, do my own laundry, rely on my own alarm clock to wake me up in the morning... Haha. It's surreal, but at the same time, it's reality--I am indeed a grown up. *oh snap*

I've been Pinteresting for the longest time about how I imagine my bedroom and living room would look like. The plan is to keep it as minimalist and as neutral-colored as possible. White walls and then white, grey and black furniture. The key pieces of my new home will be in neutral colors and other decorative elements such as pillow cases, wall art, bed sheets, curtains can be changed into brighter colors depending on my mood.

I've been doing a mental checklist of the things that I need to buy, I only have the top 5 things that I plan on buying by May 2014. 

1. A bed, preferably double bed size or if my space permits, queen size. I've been staying in a single bed for most of my life, I want a change this time! I'd like to have a cushioned headboard so I wouldn't need a pillow when I read. If I can't find a cushioned one, then a headboard with a shelf would be nice, so that I don't have to put side tables. Oh I'd invest on good white and grey bed sheets too, and get pillowcases of different colours! 

2. A work table and a work chair - I plan on putting this near the window for more natural light. Solid wood with drawers for my art materials and crafty trinkets. It would be against the wall so I can put my own pinboard/mood board for illustration ideas

3. A book shelf where I can put more books and CDs. Since I don't have a lot of space, I probably would only bring art/design books with me and a few fiction reads and leave the rest of them at our house in Paranaque. I want to make sure that the things that I bring to the condo are functional and would help me remain inspired. 

4. A sofa and coffee table. I want my sofa to be grey or black, with changeable throw pillow cases for pop of color or maybe patterned design if I get bored with seeing stuff in neutral colors. I want it to be a 3 seater sofa, because I will be scrimping on dining room space. I probably won't even buy a big dining set! 

5. A dining set for 4 or 2. Visitors, let's just have pizza na lang! Or sandwiches! Or shawarma! Anything that you can just hold while eating! Haha. 

I'm very excited about this new phase of my life. Now if only I have enough moolah to buy them all at once!

Check out my pins for Project Condo 2014 here!

Disclaimer: All photos in this post are borrowed from: Planete Deco | A Merry Mishap Blog

0 comments:

Post a Comment