Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Art Stalking: Sara Blake of ZSO

These past couple of months have been quite unproductive for my creative sparks. I've been busy with work, so I needed to put on my I.T. hat and get lost in the world of logic and algorithms and business requirements and such. When I'm not working, I check out the usual blogs, then from one click to another, I chance upon really inspiring finds. I was checking out the Skillshare directory this past week, and I've been strategizing what courses to take first when I came across Sara Blake's class "Create Full Color Digital Illustration from A Handmade Drawing"





I get inspired by a lot of artists, but there are only a few artists that I can really relate to, in terms of style and aesthetic. When I saw Sara Blake's illustrations, I was just inlove. Her detailed lines and use of color and texture is just so mesmerizing! I've always been drawn to intricate illustrations that have art nouveau elements in them and when I discovered ZSO, I know I found an artist who is not only inspiring, but also whose work, I would like to channel in my own. She runs an independent studio in NYC and also owns her own textile company. I did a bit of research on her and read some of her interviews and I really was (am) inspired by this piece about her humble beginnings and her struggle--trying to juggle her day job and her artistic pursuits. *ahem*can relate* Her blog is a mish mash of travel photos, musings and project updates as well random stuff about her life. I could go for hours on end just admiring her talent, her tattoos and her work.

Peg ko siya. As in. #fangirl








Now if you'll excuse me, I have a Skill Share Class to attend.

All photos by Sarah Blake:  www.hellozso.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment