Monday, October 07, 2013

To Tinfinity and Beyond - An Invitation Project

My sister Tetet has always been one of the people who believed in my artistic skills and creativity. I've done a lot of collaborations with her during her party planning stints that I'm the first person she goes to when it comes to making custom invitations. I was looking at my previous projects with her and saw these invitation designs that I made for her and her husband Noel's 10th Anniversary earlier this year.


*Insert awwwww here*


As per the list of traditional wedding anniversary gifts, tin or aluminum is the traditional gift to be exchanged between husband and wife who were celebrating their 10th anniversary. My sister then asked me to create an invitation for the intimate gathering. I started making hand painted elements such as a wreath with yellow, blue and purple flowers, then incorporated watercolored tin cans in the layout. I chose a sans serif font Pompiere--discovered via thefozzybook's Oh Hello Friday Font Series (thank you Fozzy!) for the text. This font has a rustic and handwritten feel to it that I think was perfect for the mood and the occasion. I gave Ate Tetet two options: one which had more tin cans and another which had more flowers, and this is the final invitation that she went with.



The invitation that didn't make the cut:

The event was an intimate gathering at the Hillsborough Aquapark with friends and family to celebrate the couple's milestone. Sadly, I was not there to join them at the time because I had to fly to the U.S. for work. I would have wanted to be involved in doing the flower arrangements, but I was happy to see in the photos that she was inspired to use yellow, purple and white flowers at the event to go with the water colored wreath on the invites.


I had tons of fun with this project and I'm especially proud of the fact that the decorative elements are hand painted. I'm currently working on another exciting design project (this time not with my sister) and I can't wait to share it to all of you once I finish. I'm not formally trained in graphic design and I still have a lot to learn, but I'm glad that there are people who trust me to work on these projects with them. :)


Congratulations again Ate Tetet and Kuya Weng for your 10 years of marriage! 
Good job on the awesome kids too! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment