Monday, March 03, 2014

Watercolor Feature: Happy Days Studios

Kristine of Happy Days Studios contacted me a few months back about creating a header for her newly launched Photography Website: www.happydays.ph. She sent me her pegs--nature inspired with use of calligraphic font. She gave me her original logo for reference.


Happy Days Studios' logo: Bright, yellow and, well, happy!

I reused the original font from the logo called Janda Stylish, and for the tag line, I used a Sans serif font to balance out the swirls of the header title. Then I simply added yellow and orange flowers for a hint of nature. The original elements were hand drawn and painted using watercolor, then I scanned it and re-edited using photoshop.




I came up with initial designs--very simple and no fuss, then based on her feedback, I came up with a revision which she ended up using on her website! She requested for a white background and a lighter color scheme. I created a new set of flowers and added a tinge of pink to balance out the yellows and oranges. 

So thrilled to have my work on someone else's virtual store front! Good luck and more power to you, Kristine! :)



0 comments:

Post a Comment